About Me

Will I See You One Day?

I yearn so badly to see You one day.

A wish for which no amount of gold and silver could ever compensate

So strong a feeling it is in my heart, it burns like a fire...

So intense A prayer, it is greater than any other desire..

I ask: Will the good I have done in my life suffice?

Will my face on That Day be gloomy and grey or lit up so bright?

Or of seeing you, ya Allah, will my eyes be deprived?

Will I be of those who stand beneath Your shade on that remarkable Day?

My heart trembles of fear  when I think of what could be my fate..

And so I bow to You ya Allah and I Prostrate

I pray it is not too late..

So, I ask Ya Rabb, will I see You one day?

I know I deserve neither Your Grace nor Your Paradise

But I will ask for Your forgiveness and mercy till the day I die

So that I may drink from Those pure rivers of wine

And be in the  presence of the most blessed and greatest of mankind

And to wander through Your beautiful  Jannah, so divine..

So weak I am, and merely Your servant made from clay

But so Compassionate You are, so Mighty and so Great.

So, I ask Ya Rabb, Will I see You one day?

2 comments:

Ambreen Misbah said...

Sister you write so well! it is so truly beautiful and moving. I really needed to read something like this right now. May Allah swt reward you magnanimously for this!

I am only disappointed that you stopped writing after 2011. Why did you do that?

Faithful to You said...

Salam sis,
Thank you for your lovely comment, and i do apologise for the late response as I only just saw your comment.
I am happy that you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing.
I stopped for a while as I became busy with full time work and a new baby. I hope to start writing again properly inshallah. :-)